TRUMP’S DECISIVE MEDIA ADVANTAGE, QUANTIFIED
A new study by What If Media Group, a performance marketing company that reaches an audience of millions across its propriety media properties daily, shows a decisive earned and paid media advantage for President Trump over presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden, with just under 3 months left until the election.
Here are the headlines/key findings from the study:
- When survey respondents were asked whether they had “Heard about [Trump/Biden] in the news”: Trump = “Often” 65% vs 27% for Biden
- Have seen TV Ads in support of: Trump = “Many” 34% vs 18% for Biden
- Have seen Online Ads in support of: Trump = “Many” 26% vs 14% for Biden
- Have received Email Newsletters in support of: Trump = “Many” 22% vs 10% for Biden Seen Lawn Signs in support of: Trump = “Many” 21% vs 9% for Biden
- When asked about their level of clarity on policy agendas of the two major-party candidates, on a scale of 1 – 10, with 10 being the highest: 12% give a “10” when describing clarity on Biden’s policy agenda, with nearly twice as many (21%) giving a 10 for Trump.
Per the first bullet, the timing of this study was purely coincidental with the news of MSNBC producer Ariana Pekary resigning from the network via a scathing publicized letter which accused the network of suppressing diversity of thought in favor of anything that will draw ratings – including what she described as disproportionate coverage of President Trump: “Any discussion about the election usually focuses on Donald Trump, not Joe Biden, a repeat offense from 2016 (Trump smothers out all other coverage).”
This post may be cited and shared with attribution to: What If Media Group, LLC, with a link back to this post and/or the company’s URL: www.whatifmediagroup.com.
Any questions about the survey, methodology, etc. may be directed to [email protected].
What If Media Group’s survey of nearly 8,897 US Adults was conducted online between July 28 – Aug 4, 2020. Respondents were randomly selected, and the data was weighted to US Census, with findings at a 99% confidence level, +/- 1.5% margin of error.
About What If Media Group, LLC:
Founded in 2012, What If Media Group is an award-winning performance marketing company that enables the world’s leading brands to acquire valuable new customers at scale. By leveraging data-driven engagement and re-engagement strategies across multiple proprietary marketing channels and sophisticated targeting technology, and utilizing insights based on millions of consumer ad interactions each day, What If Media Group delivers the most cost-effective and highest performing marketing campaigns for its clients. Headquartered in Fort Lee, New Jersey, What If Media Group is a recipient of Crain’s 2019 Fast 50 and is a 4-time consecutive member of the Inc 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America. To learn more, please visit www.whatifmediagroup.com.