Join the teamSOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER II, FULL STACK
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the All Inbox team (one of What If Media Group’s business units) to help build our direct marketing infrastructure. This piece of our platform is built Node.js and PHP on top of AWS infrastructure. There will be opportunities to work with technologies used elsewhere in our ecosystem as well, including Java and React (our legacy systems are built using PHP, Vert.x, and Ruby). This position can be remote or on-site at our Fort Lee HQ. Help us build, test, and deploy the software system that powers tens of millions of messages per day driving hundreds of millions of dollars in annual revenue for us and our clients.
● Code in Node.js and PHP to evolve our direct marketing technology and infrastructure.
● Update and optimize interactions between a variety of microservices and our databases (RDS and Snowflake).
● Design tests that ensure our applications are highly performant, scalable, and responsive.
● Conduct code reviews of your peers’ work.
● Build business-critical technology solutions with a direct impact on revenue.
Education & Experience
● Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a STEM-related discipline.
● Experience working with a modern web framework in a production capacity.
● 4+ years of prior professional experience.
● Developed production systems using a non-blocking, event-driven I/O model.
● Proficiency with a modern front-end framework like React, Angular, or Vue.js.
● Experience with automated testing platforms and building unit/integrations tests.
● Exposure to cloud computing services and concepts.
● Exposure to relational databases.
● Strong understanding of software engineering fundamentals.
● Proficiency with source control tools, such as Git.
● Strong analytical, quantitative, and deductive reasoning skills.
Tools We Use (Nice to Have)
● Languages and frameworks: Node.js, Java, Spring Boot, React, PHP, Vert.x.
● Testing frameworks: Jest, Jasmine, Junit, and PHPUnit.
● AWS services: EC2, ECS, RDS, Lambda, Route53, API Gateway, and Fargate.
● Databases: PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, and Snowflake.
● Hibernate ORM.
● Business intelligence tools: Looker and Chart.io.
What If Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide employees with a competitive salary and bonus plan, as well as generous medical, dental, vision, & 401k plans. If you would like to learn more about this exciting position, please contact [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!