Join the teamR&D ASSOCIATE
What If Media Group’s New School Email Monetization model is based on full transparency. Email Service Providers (ESPs) and Mailbox Providers are our close allies in delivering contextually relevant promotional newsletters to consumers who have real and enthusiastic interest in receiving email marketing. The What If Media Group team is expert at connecting with consumers, driving high consumer response rates and extremely low complaint rates. What If Media Group drives some of the highest returns on investment in the online industry. We are growing quickly, and we need talented, detail oriented, and highly motivated individuals like you to support our future growth.
The Lab serves as What If Media Group’s research, development, and strategy department. The Lab is responsible for testing new ideas for diversification and monetization, strategically managing and creating innovation efforts to increase knowledge and understanding, and improving upon current products, processes, and techniques to make them more efficient and effective.
As an R&D Associate, you will serve in an integral role within the Lab. R&D associates help to execute project work and drive the projects forward through valuable contributions and insights. You will be responsible for holding yourself to deadlines and metrics, as well as driving strategy and providing direction for the department with minimal oversight. Associates will be able to clearly communicate and perform complex tasks. Careful organization, clear communication, as well as the ability to problem solve, take initiative, and work collaboratively are necessary to be successful in this position.
- Taking ownership of existing processes and procedures.
- Assisting in tracking project objectives and key results.
- Measuring project performance using appropriate metrics.
- Reporting and escalating issues to management, as needed.
- Organizing and scheduling meetings and trainings, as needed.
- Communicating with internal and external departments and partners to increase understanding.
- Investigating any project issues that may arise.
- Learning and maintaining a working knowledge of company processes and tools such as CMS, Autoresponders, and Chartio.
- Ensuring that work, issues, and resolutions are properly documented.
- Assisting in PTO coverage for team members.
- Taking initiative on improving skills and professional development.
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to work on tasks independently.
- Experience with working with both large and small teams to meet a goal or deadline.
- Working knowledge of Asana, Slack, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, as well as the ability to learn new software as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate across departments.
- A self-starter attitude to ensure success and productivity in a work-from-home environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong understanding of systems and procedures.
- Fierce work ethic and sense of purpose, with the ability to work well as part of a dynamic team.
- Ability to multitask, track, and report on multiple workstreams.
- Effective task and time management skills.
- SQL skills a plus.
What If Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide employees with a competitive salary and bonus plan, as well as generous medical, dental, vision, & 401k plans. If you would like to learn more about this exciting position, please contact [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!