Join the teamData Scientist
What If Media Group is seeking a Data Scientist to join our Research and Development team, which is a group of engineers, analysts, and business strategists.
The candidate will work on production business problems by running experiments, digging in with analyses, creating models to discover insights and enable new processes, implement predictive targeting strategies, and reduce the risk of misspent resources.
Data Scientists are responsible for understanding, operating, executing, and simplifying the following:
- Writing complex SQL queries on a database spanning over 1000 tables and 2500 variables
- SQL Queries must be efficient, scalable and re-usable
- Utilizing R & Python to execute Machine Learning Models that break down the impact of the language used in push notifications, emails, and SMS messaging
- Build regression models using R & Python to understand what is driving users to click messaging
- Build automated slack bots to notify key stakeholders of statistical updates
- Manage high volume, high dimensional data and build models to predict and classify user behavior
- Build a recommendation engine using machine learning to optimize each channels’ strategy
- Building and sharing daily/weekly/monthly performance reports for key stakeholders
Education & Experience
- 2-3 years of previous experience
- BA in STEM field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics) is required
- MA in STEM field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics) is preferred
- Ability to visualize data to tell a story with Data
The ideal candidate will have experience in big-data analytics. Also desired are the abilities to communicate results to technical and non-technical coworkers, identify and learn proper analytical tools, brainstorm and work both collaboratively and independently, and enable and measure impact of data-driven initiatives.
The candidate should enjoy putting order to massive amounts of information, delving into the entropy of raw data, and coming up with significant findings. The candidate will also help build and shape our expanding data science team through collaboration, and mentoring. They will work with Data Engineers to help build data pipelines, design and run experiments, and create prototypes to help find new directions for our businesses.
- Familiarity with automation software such as Airflow and change management solutions such as Gitlab or Github
- Expertise in data manipulation, as well as model implementation and deployment using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence algorithms in Python
- Communicate and transform this non-technical problem into a mathematical model, delivering key results in an understandable, yet scientifically verifiable manner
- Expertise in machine learning techniques such as Gradient Boosting models, Logistic Regressions, Support Vector Machine Learning, Naive Bayes Classifiers and/or Neural Networks
- Technologies and Skills:
Python, Numpy, Pandas, R, Jupyter Notebooks, AWS (Redshift, Dynamo, RDS, Lambda, Athena), PostGreSQL, Snowflake, Algorithm design, Machine Learning, TensorFlow, Data Modeling
What If Media Group, LLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they qualify for a legal exemption for which an accommodation will be discussed.
What If Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide employees with a competitive salary and bonus plan, as well as generous medical, dental, vision, & 401k plans. If you would like to learn more about this exciting position, please contact [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!