Join the teamContent Developer
The ideal candidate has several years of experience as a content marketer and/or copywriter across various channels, including digital marketing (email, SMS, push, C2C, etc.). In addition to having a strong aptitude for supporting and driving content strategy, copywriting, and an understanding of content best practices, this person must also be innovative and forward-thinking, helping us challenge the status quo, explore content roads less traveled, and write for diverse brands and audiences.
This is a cross-functional role, and this person should be comfortable collaborating with a team and contributing to small and large group discussions. They should also possess a natural curiosity of content best practices, the ability to see and dissect the different aspects of a piece, and a desire to stay on top of industry trends. The ability to collaborate effectively and to continually adapt and improve content based on internal and user-testing feedback is paramount. You should have the capacity to digest and understand technical information and have experience working with varying types of content management systems and tools. Above all, this person should have a gritty work ethic and willingness to assist with tasks beyond the scope of their regular assignments.
In our rapidly growing company and evolving industry, someone who offers a unique perspective while remaining an adaptable team player is a must!
- Regularly write new content for our various channels – email, push, C2C, SMS — and assist with content for direct mail, sites, and other content as needed.
- Write content for our brand expansion efforts, researching and exploring angles that go beyond our status quo.
- Take the initiative to write new content that helps us diversify our existing offering and appeal to new clients/advertisers.
- Dissect content to identify and combine what aspects of a piece are working.
- Help find strategic ways to make our content more compliant without sacrificing performance.
- Write for a variety of clients and audiences based on nuanced guidelines and performance trends.
- Regularly contribute to weekly check-ins and brainstorms, both within the content team with other departments.
- Engage with people from all departments to help processes run seamlessly and keep all necessary parties in the loop and up-to-date.
- Set up tests and pull stats for independently run inquiries and/or when the analyst is unable to do so.
- Regularly assist with other content team members’ tasks in their absence or when they don’t have the bandwidth.
- Regularly track and document key points, assignments, goals, progress, and findings to ensure the content team is moving towards its quarterly objectives.
Education & Experience
- At least 4-7 years of experience in copywriting, digital marketing, advertising, or in developing strategy or marketing programs and/or campaigns
- S. in Communications, Marketing, or a related field
- Experience writing for a variety of audiences, clients, and media
- Experience working on marketing campaigns as part of a cross-functional team, requiring communication with people from various departments
- Experience working on both successful and challenging initiatives that have led to professional growth and discernment.
- Ability to look at content in a nuanced way, putting winning aspects of various pieces together to make a winning piece
- Collaborates effectively with international stakeholders to develop strategies to align content best practices across the organization
- Desire to initiate assignments and tests independently to work towards desired department results
- A strong aptitude for copywriting, grammar, and the ability to write across different users and brands
- Experience setting content strategy to support business objectives a plus
- Natural curiosity and enthusiasm that motivates work beyond the call of duty
- Comfortable working independently or actively participating in a team environment
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Basic HTML knowledge (preferred)
- Basic Chartio knowledge or similar (preferred but not required)
- Trained in SEO best practices (preferred)
- Self-starter, positive attitude, gritty work ethic.
What If Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide employees with a competitive salary and bonus plan, as well as generous medical, dental, vision, & 401k plans. If you would like to learn more about this exciting position, please contact [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!