Join the teamSenior User Experience Designer
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our growing UX team! As a Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for creating engaging mobile and desktop experiences that drive consumer decisions. This team not only works on user-facing web properties but also works hand in hand with our engineering teams to design our internal products used by our business operations staff. You have a mobile-first mindset and are an expert in your field. You have a passion for designing effective digital experiences that are informed by user research, testing, data, and industry best practices. You use your keen sense of empathy, curiosity, and critical thinking. Your portfolio demonstrates your creativity, strong Design Mastery in the core areas of Digital Design, and contains links to your most recent projects that prove your skills and experience. Your portfolio will be assessed on creative excellence, storytelling, problem-solving and technical mastery.
Candidates should have an eye for clean, creative design, be able to translate project requirements into functional wireframes, building prototypes, and be able to write the necessary code to build accessible, performant, pixel-perfect mobile and desktop layouts for production.
- Create clean, innovative, and useable design concepts.
- Execute on all phases of the design process from wireframing concepts and mockups to final
hand-off to developers and stakeholders
- Translate wireframes into high-quality user interface designs using industry best practices.
- Deliver pixel-perfect implementation of design comps across multiple breakpoints to ensure the best UX across various browsers and devices.
- Apply design and development best practices including naming conventions, code styling, etc.
- Proactively identify and suggest solutions to resolve user experience problems and friction points.
- Work closely with stakeholder teams during design and development phases to ensure project UI goals and deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with other UX team members and participate in review sessions.
- Evaluate designs and provide actionable feedback to other designers.
- Capable of handling multiple projects at any given time.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 5+ years of prior professional design experience.
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a Web-focused User Experience Designer with strong visual design skills demonstrated in your portfolio
- Experience developing user flows, process flows, wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Expert in coding HTML, CSS, and scalable frameworks like Bootstrap or Flex
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Excellent command of user experience, design principles, problem-framing skills, and high-quality visual design skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Self-motivated, able to work independently but also collaboratively and driven by group critique
- Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience or sensitivity to user-system interaction with regard to accessibility for all users
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Ability to adapt and change course easily
- Flexibility to balance business and technical needs
- General understanding of back-end technologies that are required to build out experiences
- Partnering well with technology is strongly recommended
- Highly organized, with meticulous attention to details and deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Experience with A/B testing and reporting
Tools We Use (Nice to Have)
- CMS: WordPress (both theme design and site development).
- CSS Frameworks: SASS, SCSS.
- Interface Design & Wireframes: Sketch.
- UI Testing: BrowserStack
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate, Dream Weaver, After Effects)
- Google analytics.
What If Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide employees with a competitive salary and bonus plan, as well as generous medical, dental, vision, & 401k plans. If you would like to apply for this exciting position, please send your resume to [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!